- Full-day trip to Rastoke and Plitvice Lakes National Park from Zagreb
- Call at riverside Rastoke, known as the ‘Little Plitvice’
- Admire the cascades, watermills, and mountain-hut-style houses
- Take a guided tour of UNESCO–listed Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Follow the walkways over the blue and green lakes and past the waterfalls
- Ride a boat and tram in the park, and break for lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan, with admission tickets included
Departure & Return
At he main meeting point. Address: Trg Nikole Subica Zrinjskog 2, 10000 Zagreb; by the meteorological display.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, break for a stroll and coffee (own expense) in Rastoke, a picture-perfect village dubbed the ‘Small Lakes of Plitvice.’
This historical town fringes the River Slunjčica near its junction with Plitvice’s River Korana, and is famed for its waterfalls. Admire the cascades along with the watermills and distinctive stone-and-wood architecture.
Next, continue to UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes National Park. Composed of 16 lakes joined by waterfalls, the park is famed for its beauty and lakes’ changing hues, which shift from turquoise to emerald and gray depending on their mineral content and the angle of sunlight.
Take a guided tour, following the wooden walkways over the lakes and enjoying the beauty of the rushing cascades. On route, take a boat and tram ride to absorb the scenery.
After four hours at Plitvice, enjoy a classic Croatian lunch (own expense), with your guide recommending dishes and drinks (own expense).
Finally, return to Zagreb, where your tour ends at the departure point.
8:00 Pick Up in Zagreb
9:45 - 10:30 Visiting Rastoke and a coffee break
11:00 – 15:00 Sightseeing of Plitvice Lakes National Park with tour
15:30 – 16:00 Time for lunch
19:00 Drop off in Zagreb
Possibly the itinerary may be adjusted due to traffic, flooded trails in the park or bad weather conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour includes prox. 5km of walking on uneven surfaces -please wear comfortable walking shoes (we visit highlights of both, the Lower Lakes and the Upper Lakes).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Not recommended for participant with walking disabilities
- Depending on the weather conditions some parts of the park may be restricted
- Here are few items you may need to make your time on the excursion the best of all: closed comfortable shoes (sneakers), sportswear, In case of rain raincoat or an umbrella. After summer time we recommend to bring also a warm sweater or jacket.
- Entrance ticket to Plitvice Lakes IS included in the price of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Portal day tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands