12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Earn panoramic views of Yosemite Valley from Half Dome’s summit on a full-day guided hike up the National Park’s most iconic landmark. This strenuous trip is a rite of passage for hikers from around the world, a physical and mental challenge with breathtaking rewards. Walk alongside your guide as you trace the legendary rock path and cable route, learn the natural and geologic history of the Sierra Mountains and finish the epic adventure with sore muscles, stunning photos and a lifetime place in the Half Dome Summit Club. IMPORTANT: Hikers must obtain a permit to hike Half Dome. The supplier may have a permit depending on time of departure. To apply for a permit yourself, the Half Dome Permit Application Process is from March 1–31, and done through recreation.gov.
- Day hike with guide to Half Dome's summit in Yosemite
- Take in thrilling panoramic views of Yosemite Valley and the High Sierra as you climb the trail
- Build your mountaineering and outdoor skills with the help of your guide
- Complete the 17-mile hike, which includes a climb to the summit of Half Dome, with the guidance of an expert guide
- Learn about the ecology and natural history of Yosemite Valley and the Sierra Nevada mountains
Saved to wishlist!
Safety equipment for the Half Dome cables: gloves (not this year due to Covid-19)
Lunch & snacks
Departure & Return
Happy Isle Loop Rd, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- IMPORTANT: Hikers must obtain a permit to hike Half Dome. The supplier may have a permit depending on time of departure. If you wish to apply for a permit yourself, the Half Dome Permit Application Process is from March 1–31, and done through recreation.gov. The application may be completed and submitted online for a maximum of 6 permits (for 6 people) per application (hikers do not have to obtain a permit for their guide). In addition, hikers who were unsuccessful or did not submit an application may apply two days before the day they would like to hike and they'll be notified the following morning on the outcome of their application. Please note if you have a permit at the time of booking
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information is so we can email you driving directions to the meeting location; pickup/drop-off is not included.
- Please note: Half Dome Hikes are challenging, strenuous hikes and require more planning than others. It is strongly recommended for hikers to complete a full training regimen when preparing for this hike. Please contact supplier (after booking) to discuss your plans to attempt Half Dome and how you are preparing for it
- Please dress in athletic wear and bring 120 oz of water, lunch, snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, wide brimmed sun hat/baseball cap and day pack (to carry essentials). Please see voucher for additional information for preparing for your hike
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- We are limited in guide availability this year due to Covid-19. Please understand if your reservation is not accepted because of this restriction.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY YExplore Yosemite Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Guided Half Dome Hike?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Guided Half Dome Hike?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What is the maximum group size during Guided Half Dome Hike?
This activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Guided Half Dome Hike.
See all safety measures taken by Guided Half Dome Hike.
Product code: 6004DOME
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeEco ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingYosemite National Park4WD Tours - CaliforniaSporting Events - CaliforniaHiking - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaExtreme - CaliforniaEco Tours - CaliforniaFull-day Tours - California4WD Tours - Napa & SonomaSporting Events - Napa & SonomaHiking - Napa & SonomaNature and Wildlife - Napa & SonomaExtreme - Napa & SonomaEco Tours - Napa & SonomaFull-day Tours - Napa & Sonoma4WD Tours - San FranciscoSporting Events - San FranciscoHiking - San FranciscoNature and Wildlife - San FranciscoExtreme - San FranciscoEco Tours - San FranciscoFull-day Tours - San FranciscoCategory