Explore our promoted experiences
- Get an unusual and entertaining insight into the spooky history of York
- Benefit from the personalized attention of your guide throughout
- Learn more than you could if exploring independently
- This tour is a fun way to get your bearings, ideal for first-time visitors
Departure & Return
We meet outside the front of St Michael Le Belfrey church which is next to the Guy Fawkes Inn and the Minster. (If the Church has an event on then please meet outside the Guy Fawkes Inn which is right next to it)
The tour will usually finish on Stonegate, however on busy city days it may end on the Shambles. Either way your guide will direct you to where ever you wish to be after the tour.
Occasionally the tour may finish on the Shambles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for young children (Under 7)
- Most travelers can participate
- No drunk or disorderly behaviour is acceptable. Anyone misbehaving will be turned away without refund. Private bookings available for large groups or hen parties. (subject to availability)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shadows of York
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Really enjoyable evening full of fun excellent value for money." See review