- Visit Budapest, capital of Hungary, on a day trip from Vienna
- See the stunning Hungarian countryside en-route to Budapest
- Extensive coach tour of Budapest's sights, including the River Danube, Vajdahunyad castle and the Budapest Opera House
- Hotel pick-up
Departure & Return
On request free pick-up from SELECTED hotels and transfer to the departure point. Please call +43 1 712 46 83. Please enquire at your hotel reception desk regarding the pick-up time and the possibility of a pick-up. Please note: pick-ups can only be guaranteed if you book 24-hours in advance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, enjoy the first impressions of Hungary’s capital, sometimes called the ‘Paris of the East,’ and magnificently set across the River Danube. The famous river splits the city into two districts: Buda, the medieval quarter, and Pest, the commercial heart. Hear how these once-separate cities were united, along with nearby Obuda, to form the capital of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1893.
See top sites on a coach tour through Pest, passing the Parliament Building and the Opera House. Admire the statues of the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars in Heroes’ Square, sweeping panoramic views of the city from Fisherman’s Bastion and the waters of the Danube River. As you travel from each major landmark, learn the rich history behind Budapest and its architectural gems.
At lunchtime you have the option to wat in a typical Hungarian restaurant (own expense).
After lunch a walking tour through Buda awaits you. Experience the historic Royal Palace, the romantic Fishermen’s Bastion, Matthias Church, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Margaret Island with its gorgeous parks and recreational facilities.
Your day trip will conclude with transportation back to Vienna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please note, pick up services only available with certain hotels. Please check 'view additional info.' for hotel details and pick-up time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note, that wearing an FFP2 mask in the Hop On Hop Off and tour buses is required by law, therefore bringing your own mask is requested.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vienna Sightseeing Tours Wiener Rundfahrten GmbH & Co.KG
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands