2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience quintessential Venice on this walking tour, including a memorable gondola ride. See iconic landmarks like the Rialto Bridge and the House of Marco Polo; get a taste of local life at the Rialto Fish Market and explore historic neighborhoods like Cannaregio. Then, admire the palatial architecture of St. Mark’s Square, enter the magnificent St. Mark’s Basilica and soak up the scenery on a romantic gondola cruise. This small-group tour is limited for a personalized experience.
- Guided walking tour of Venice, including St. Mark’s Basilica and gondola ride
- Witness local life on a walking tour of Venice’s colorful neighborhoods and the Rialto markets
- Cruise along the Grand Canal on a romantic gondola ride
- Ideal introduction to Venice for first-time visitors or those short on time
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Walking tour (maximum 20 people)
English Speaking Guide
Venice gondola ride (maximum 6 passengers)
Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica
Guide (during gondola ride)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
- Gondola rides can be subject to unforeseen closures due to the weather, an alternate activity will be provided in those circumstances
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica
- Rialto Market closed on Sunday
- No strollers allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, occasionally St. Mark's Basilica is closed to the public, without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities. In these cases we endeavor to contact customers as soon as possible to arrange a suitable alternative.
- After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Welcome to Venice Small Group or Private Tour: Basilica San Marco & Gondola Ride?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Welcome to Venice Small Group or Private Tour: Basilica San Marco & Gondola Ride?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Welcome to Venice Small Group or Private Tour: Basilica San Marco & Gondola Ride?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Welcome to Venice Small Group or Private Tour: Basilica San Marco & Gondola Ride
7 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursAudio GuidesGondola CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportVeniceCity Tours - VenetoAudio Guides - VenetoGondola Cruises - VenetoWater Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoCity Tours - TrevisoAudio Guides - TrevisoGondola Cruises - TrevisoWater Tours - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoCity Tours - PaduaAudio Guides - PaduaGondola Cruises - PaduaWater Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaCategory
Museo del VetroChurch of Santa Maria Formosa (Chiesa di Santa Maria Formosa)Church of San Vidal (Chiesa di San Vidal)Madonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)Campo Santa MargheritaChurch of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)Rialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Ca' Rezzonico Marco Polo's Home (Casa di Marco Polo)Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)Venice Lido (Lido di Venezia)Campo San LucaQuerini Stampalia Foundation (Fondazione Querini Stampalia)Campo Santa Maria FormosaBridge of SighsAccademia Bridge (Ponte dell'Accademia)Bovolo Staircase (Scala Contarini del Bovolo)Basilica of St. Anthony of Padua (Basilica di Sant'Antonio di Padova)Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli (Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli)Venice Accademia Gallery (Gallerie dell'Accademia)