- Two-hour private walking tour of Venice's San Polo area
- See where the famous courtesans lived and merchants worked
- Artworks by Titian and Bellini at the Frari
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your tour escort and expert English-speaking guide on this special private walking tour of Venice
- Choice of morning and afternoon walking tours
- Professional commentary provided by your expert English-speaking guide
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in front of the statue of Goldoni in campo San Bortolomio (close to Rialto bridge) The guide will have a sign with the name of the client on it.
What To Expect
With an advantageous location along historic shipping routes between the Near East and Western Europe, Venice was at one time a mighty seaport and important commercial hub. Walk among historic merchants’ shops and living quarters as you learn about their brisk trade in items like silk, spices, precious metals and exotic woods.
San Polo is also the city’s former red-light district. You’ll hear tales of Venetian ladies of the night, from street walkers to accomplished courtesans who gained prestige among elite artistic and literary circles.
Your tour will conclude with a visit to the impressive, 13th-century Frari church. Admire the imposing Gothic architecture and step inside to view splendid statuary and masterworks of Renaissance art by painters Titian and Bellini.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Rucksacks and large bags are not allowed in some churches.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please confirm your booking the day before
- For all late arrivals or no show, NO REFUND!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands