3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Cover all of Trieste’s top sights with the personalized attention of your own private guide. Go deeper with your visit as you get important historical context on the city’s main landmarks, from Roman ruins to Byzantine mosaics, as you stroll along the center and elegant seafront. Opt for a full-day tour to add visits to Italy’s only concentration camp, and the romantic, sumptuously furnished Castle of Miramare.
- A personalized, private guide of Trieste’s top sights, with half-day and full-day options
- Learn the stories behind the city’s attractions—perfect for first-time visitors
- Tick off all the landmarks in a single visit, from the seafront to ancient and medieval ruins
- Opt for a full-day tour to cover modern sights: a Nazi concentration camp and a 19th-century castle
Saved to wishlist!
Guided 3-hour walking city tour (morning tour)
A gelato or a coffee/cappuccino (morning tour)
Transport by private vehicle (afternoon tour)
Guided 3-hour tour of the Risiera of St. Sabba and Castle of Miramare (afternoon tour)
All the above on the full-day tour
Food and drinks, unless specified
Entrance fee to the Castle of Miramare (afternoon tour) €8
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located Trieste city hotel or Trieste port (Maritime Station)
Return point: Piazza Unità d'Italia
Trieste, Trieste, Province of Trieste, Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Morning Tour: a moderate level of fitness is required to reach the Hill of San Giusto due to the number of steps and the steep, 15-minute climb, so some people prefer taking a taxi. In that case, the taxi fare is approx. € 5-8 (not included)
- Due to uneven surfaces, the Morning Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Afternoon Tour: a small amount of walking is involved
- Afternoon Tour is wheelchair accessible
- This private tour is hosted by a professional guide; Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert our guide, so they can better prepare for your private tour
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums; No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
- Children 11 and under are free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY EUROCONNECTIONS SRL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Trieste Sightseeing Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTriesteHistorical Tours - Friuli-Venezia GiuliaHistorical Tours - KoperHistorical Tours - PiranCategory