11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Experience the rich history and impressive design of the Meteora Monasteries, even if you don’t have access to a car. On this guided tour from Thessaloniki, travel through the plains of central Greece to reach the remote UNESCO-listed structures, perched high on a jutting cliff. Step inside two of the six surviving monasteries, learning about their origins and legacy from a guide. A lunch stop in the nearest town of Kalambaka completes the visit to this inspiring sacred destination.
- Learn the fascinating history of the Meteora Monasteries from a guide
- Visit one of central Greece's most remote and impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enter two of the ancient monasteries built high on a rock formation
- Includes round-trip transport from Thessaloniki hotels
Saved to wishlist!
English – speaking Guide
Entrance fees (3.00 euros per monastery)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please notice that for pick ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our pick route we will appointed the nearest point to your accommodation. Clients will have to reach to this point on their own transportation means.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear comfortable clothing and sensible shoes - For entering the monasteries of Meteora, appropriate clothing is required.
- Ladies must not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves.
- Men are not allowed to wear shorts
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingThessalonikiBus Tours - MacedoniaNature and Wildlife - MacedoniaWalking Tours - MacedoniaHistorical Tours - MacedoniaFull-day Tours - MacedoniaCategory