- Walking tour of beautiful Strasbourg with a private, expert guide
- See top Strasbourg attractions in the UNESCO-listed Grand Ile, including the Cathedral of Notre Dame and Palais Rohan
- Stroll the gorgeous cobbled lanes and canalsides of La Petite France
- Admire the Covered Bridges, Vauban Dam and Tanners’ houses
- Learn about Strasbourg's colorful German-French past and the people who shaped the city
- Enjoy the undivided attention of your guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Stroll through this UNESCO World Heritage Site’s pretty pedestrian-friendly lanes to see the Medieval Maison Kammerzell. It was once a private home, and is now a restaurant and hotel. See the statue of Johannes Gutenberg, inventor of the Gutenberg printing press, who was living in Strasbourg when he invented it. Pass by the ornately decorated 18th-century Palais Rohan, a palace where Marie Antoinette and Napoleon Bonaparte both stayed.
Continue walking through the Grande Ile to the Cathedral of Notre Dame, one of the most magnificent buildings in Strasbourg. Admire the 12th- and 14th-century stained glass and rose windows set into all that imposing stonework and topped with spires.
Visit the neighborhood of La Petite France, which used to be where workers in the milling, tanning and fishing trades lived. Many of the half-timbered houses they once called home remain, overlooking the little canals that run through the neighborhood. Find out where the district got its name — a 15th century hospital for people suffering from syphilis.
Walk along the cobblestone streets and take advantage of the many photo opportunities — of canals, covered bridges and the Vauban Dam — as you pass the Old Butcher’s House, Saint Thomas Church and the Custom’s House.
Your tour ends in the center of Strasbourg where you can continue exploring on your own.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour requires minimum 2 adults to operate
- Group of 8 persons maximum
- Please note that the infant seats are available upon request, please inform us at the moment of the booking (number and age of the children)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY OPHORUS Excursions Tours in France
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Learn about the conversion of a dilapidated, rat infested prison into a school training France’s politicians." See review