Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour tour of Philipsburg by bicycle
- See the historic highlights of St Maarten’s capital, including the Philipsburg Courthouse, Passangrahn Hotel and Fort Amsterdam
- Learn about the city’s rich history from an informative guide
- Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule
- Riders of all skill levels will enjoy this tour
Departure & Return
Your tour starts at the Cruise Terminal near the statue of Peter Stuyvesant. Look for your guide and bikes nearby. If you are staying on the island you can park at Bobby’s Marina and enter the cruise ship terminal via the EDC Parking lot. Wait for us by the big white tent.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit the Passangrahn Hotel, the oldest inn in St Maarten, and learn about its colorful history and West Indian architecture. In the center of town, see the Philipsburg Courthouse on Front Street and Captain Hodge's Wharf.
Leaving downtown, pedal up Little Bay Hill, which affords views of Great Bay, Little Bay and the whole of Philipsburg from the top. Feel free to hop off and walk your bike up the challenging hill.
Pedal through the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort to reach Fort Amsterdam, perched out on a peninsula. Built in the 17th century, this fort was the first belonging to the Dutch in the whole Caribbean. Learn about the many battles between the Spanish and Dutch fleets that took place here in the 1600s. The site offers panoramic views of the city and Great Bay.
Cycle along a pleasant boardwalk back to the Philipsburg cruise port, where your tour will end after 3 hours.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tri-Sport
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff