- Explore the blue ice caves in Vatnajökull, Europe's largest glacier
- Numbers are capped at just 13 travelers for a more intimate experience
- Choice of departure times helps you plan your day
- Guide explains how the caves are formed and ensures a safe adventure
Departure & Return
Our meeting point for our ice cave tours is at Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, we are situated at the main parking lot, look for a black truck labelled Local Guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please come in warm and waterproof clothing and good hiking boots.
- Your safety is of the utmost importance. Ice Cave tours are weather dependent. Sometimes tours have to be cancelled with short notice due to weather conditions or safety concerns or. After periods of adverse weather, the caves can become flooded or unsafe to enter. If this happens we will always do our best to offer an alternative such as a glacier hike if weather conditions allow, however if this is not suitable we will also always offer a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Local Guide of Vatnajokull
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff