Are you interested in?
16 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
200 Tours & Activities
Nature and Wildlife
23 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Discover the art of truffle hunting firsthand on a private 2-hour tour in the morning or evening. Benefit from the expertise of your local guide and his dogs as you learn about the secrets of finding truffles, training the dogs, and culinary uses for the celebrated mushrooms. Finish the tour by tasting truffle products in central Sienna, or opt to stay for a meal (own expense) that features the fresh truffles.
- Have more flexibility with a private tour
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Choice of morning or evening departure
- Includes transport by private vehicle that accommodates two people
Saved to wishlist!
2 hours private tour in the language you desire
Trained and trusted dogs
Expert truffle hunter
Transport. If you don't have a car, we can book on request the right vehicle for you (taxi, driver)
Departure & Return
Departure Point53100 Siena, Province of Siena, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only with adult
- You need a car to arrive where the truffle hunting will take place. If you don't have your own car, we can provide a transfer to/from the truffle hunting, with an extra payment
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No public transportation nearby
- Necessary footwear: trekking shoes are preferable, alternatively dressing with high sneakers or boots. No open shoes.
- Suitable clothing: long trousers, long-sleeved shirt
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SIENA TOURISM PROGRAMS & SERVICES
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Truffle Hunting in Siena ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Truffle Hunting in Siena ?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Truffle Hunting in Siena ?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 63770P19
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursUnique ExperiencesSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesSiena4WD Tours - TuscanyUnique Experiences - TuscanySporting Events - TuscanyNature and Wildlife - TuscanyExtreme - TuscanyWalking Tours - Tuscany4WD Tours - San GimignanoUnique Experiences - San GimignanoSporting Events - San GimignanoNature and Wildlife - San GimignanoExtreme - San GimignanoWalking Tours - San Gimignano4WD Tours - ChiantiUnique Experiences - ChiantiSporting Events - ChiantiNature and Wildlife - ChiantiExtreme - ChiantiWalking Tours - ChiantiCategory
Piccolomini Library (Libreria Piccolomini)Santa Maria della Scala Mangia Tower (Torre del Mangia)Siena Historic Center (Siena Centro Storico)Fonte Gaia (Gaia Fountain)Baptistery of San Giovanni (Battistero di San Giovanni)National Art Gallery of Siena (Pinacoteca Nazionale Siena)Palio of Siena (Palio di Siena)Montalcino Fortress (Fortezza di Montalcino)Siena Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana)