3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Delve into Siena’s wealth of history—and learn all about the storied Palio horse race, which takes place in the city twice a year—on this private walking tour. Meet your guide in the morning at your local accommodation or in the city center, and explore Siena’s UNESCO-listed sights. See the Piazza del Campo, where the race is held, and visit one of the 17 contrade (districts) that compete. As you go, your guide will share stories and lore about this centuries-old event.
- A private tour gives you a personal way of seeing the sights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included for your convenience
- Learn all about the historical Palio horse race, and see its key landmarks
- Discover the highlights of Siena’s UNESCO-listed city center
Saved to wishlist!
Visit of all main sights
Departure & Return
Piazza San Domenico, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tuscany Private Tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Siena Traditions Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Siena Traditions Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Siena Traditions Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Siena Traditions Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 30491P27
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSienaWalking Tours - TuscanyHistorical Tours - TuscanyHalf-day Tours - TuscanyWalking Tours - San GimignanoHistorical Tours - San GimignanoHalf-day Tours - San GimignanoWalking Tours - ChiantiHistorical Tours - ChiantiHalf-day Tours - ChiantiCategory
Siena Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana)Santa Maria della Scala Montalcino Fortress (Fortezza di Montalcino)Baptistery of San Giovanni (Battistero di San Giovanni)National Art Gallery of Siena (Pinacoteca Nazionale Siena)Palio of Siena (Palio di Siena)Mangia Tower (Torre del Mangia)Fonte Gaia (Gaia Fountain)Piccolomini Library (Libreria Piccolomini)Siena Historic Center (Siena Centro Storico)