- Full-day tour to Monument Valley, from Sedona or Flagstaff
- Drive through the lands of the Navajo Nation and learn about Navajo culture and history
- Marvel at Monument Valley's spectacular sandstone buttes at close range while driving through the valley
- Learn about the region's history, wildlife and geography from your knowledgeable guide
- Includes complimentary bottled water, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Take in the sights as you travel through the San Francisco Volcanic field, Cameron Trading Post and the vast expanse of the Navajo Nation with the Painted Desert in the distance. When you arrive at Monument Valley, located on the Utah border and part of the Colorado Plateau, admire your first views of the otherworldly landscape. Stop for lunch (own expense) at a restaurant with views and choose from a menu of Navajo and classic American dishes.
After lunch, set out to see more of Monument Valley, known for the red sandstone buttes that tower up to 1,000 feet (304 meters) above ground level, with many basins, rock formations and cactus in between. Your guide takes you on the 17-mile drive to get closer to the soaring buttes and admire different perspectives on the stunning red-rock landscape.
As your tour the area, your guide provides insight into Navajo culture and traditions, along with the geography and natural history of the region. Keep your camera handy for endless photo ops of the breathtaking landscape, with your guide there to steer you to best vantage points. Various Hollywood directors have been inspired to film movies here, including several Westerns starring John Wayne.
At the end of a memorable tour to Monument Valley, your guide returns you to your hotel in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All the vans are fully climate controlled
- Casual, comfortable clothing is suggested (shorts, jeans, comfortable shoes)
- We recommend that you wear layered clothing in the winter, spring and fall months
- Stops are made along the way for restrooms, coffee breaks, shopping and sightseeing
- This tour departs Tuesday and Friday
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ma Pa Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Monument Valley and Navajo Indian Reservation Day Trip from Sedona.