14 to 15 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
See the towering sequoias and dramatic landscape of Yosemite National Park on a day trip from San Jose that combines Yosemite highlights with free time to explore. Take in Half Dome, Inspiration Point, and El Capitan, join a guide for an hour-long hike through Tuolumne Grove, then hike or bike through the Yosemite Valley on your own. With convenient, round-trip transport from San Jose and park entrance fees included, you can focus on the views and watch for wildlife along the way.
- Visit Yosemite National Park
- Drive through the gold rush towns of the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Hike into the Tuolomne Grove
- See the park's most scenic places
- Free time to explore the Yosemite Valley
- Enjoy commentary from a guide throughout the tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Visit Tuolumne Grove and get an optional picnic lunch with one of few Yosemite tours from San Jose.
Saved to wishlist!
Expert guide and commentary
Entrance fee into Yosemite National Park
Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
170 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113, USA
Outside near where the airport shuttles come to pick up.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide.
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15-passenger minivan or a 41-passenger bus.
- Tour makes stops at approximately 8:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included.
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end.
- You will either be picked up directly by the tour bus or be provided transportation to the tour bus in the East Bay.
- The Giant Sequoia Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Jose?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Jose?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Jose?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Jose?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Jose
14 to 15 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAudio GuidesNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportSan JoseBus Tours - CaliforniaAudio Guides - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaFull-day Tours - CaliforniaCategory