- General admission to the Legion of Honor museum in San Francisco
- Admire the building’s stunning exterior—a replica of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur in Paris
- Browse an extensive collection of European and Mediterranean art
- This hidden SF gem has smaller crowds, so you get more space to explore at your leisure
- Upgrade to enjoy entrance to the Special Exhibits
- Your ticket also allows you free same-day, general admission to the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park
Departure & Return
|Tuesday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
The impressive building is a replica of Paris' the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur, gifted to the city by Alma de Bretteville Spreckels in the early 20th century. Spend some time viewing the stunning exterior and architecture before presenting your admission ticket and proceeding inside.
Walk through the collection of over 124,000 works at your leisure, stopping to take in the sculptures, paintings, ancient art from the Mediterranean basin, and the largest collection of works on paper in the Western United States. Must-see pieces include an original cast of Rodin's 'The Thinker' and the flawlessly restored Salon Doré of the Hôtel de la Trémoille, one of the finest examples of French Neo-classical architecture in the United States.
Special Exhibits are not included in your general admission ticket, but are available as upgrades.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Standard-size backpacks and strollers allowed. Bags larger than 8"h x 8"w x 5"d must be carried by hand. Other items may be required to check. Some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Information Desks on a first-come, first–served basis.
- City ordinance prohibits smoking in the museum or the park
- Please silence cell phones and pagers while in the galleries
- Still photography is permitted in the permanent galleries, however video, tripods and flash photography are prohibited
- Sketching is permitted for individuals with pencils on a small (9” x 12” or smaller) hand-held pad in the permanent collection only
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms