Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Sailing tour on San Francisco Bay, from Pier 39
- View top attractions including Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sail aboard an elegant vessel with teak decks and bronze fittings
- Includes two glasses of wine, beer, soft drink, or water
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pier 39, San Francisco Address: Dock F Directions: Arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure time or you might miss the boat. The boat does not wait for late shows. Go to Pier 39 Dock F gate and wait until the First Mate comes and takes you to the boat. Dock F is located on the east side of Pier 39 which is the same side as the Aquarium of the Bay. Walk down between the Aquarium and Hard Rock Cafe toward the boat until you get to Dock F.
What To Expect
After a safety briefing, your captain motors out of the marina. The crew raises the sails as your vessel reaches the open waters of San Francisco Bay. Keep your camera handy as you sail past Alcatraz Island and Angel Island. Take in a new perspective on the Bay Bridge, the rolling hills of Marin, and the waterside city of Sausalito. Get great photo ops as your captain steers parallel to the Golden Gate Bridge, then turn your gaze back to the San Francisco waterfront as your sailboat returns to Pier 39.
During the cruise, select two beverages to sip, choosing from beer, wine, soft drinks, or water. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the captain and crew, or simply relax and enjoy the sailing experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you plan on drinking alcohol, please remember to bring your valid government-issued 21+ ID.
- We reserve the right to make the final decision as to whether your tour will be cancelled. Tours will only be cancelled in the event of hard rain or unsafe conditions at the time of the tour.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. It does tend to be colder out on the water, so we highly recommend layers and close-toed shoes.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Francisco Sailing Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms