Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine in some of San Diego's best restaurants
- Try cocktails made with tequila
- Bring your appetite for hearty samples that make up a meal
- Hear entertaining commentary on Old Town's history and rumored ghost sightings
Departure & Return
Please check in with the host, and he/she will point you in the right direction to meet your guide.
What To Expect
Your guide shares the history of Old Town as you stroll at a leisurely pace, stopping into top-rated eateries along the way. Sample a variety of authentic Mexican specialties and enjoy enough tastings to make up a meal, including tastes of delicious tacos, salsas and fresh tortillas made to order. You also get to sample cocktails made with tequila—the popular Mexican liquor that goes into margaritas and other classic drinks, while listening to live mariachi music at some of your destinations.
With Old Town’s long history, it has also collected a number of ghost stories. Walk past adobe homes from the early 19th century to allegedly haunted spots, including El Campo Santo Cemetery and Whaley House, which the TV show ‘America's Most Haunted’ named the most haunted house in America. Admire the mid-nineteenth century Greek Revival building as your guide shares details of its spooky history.
Your tour ends at the historic Cosmopolitan Hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY So Diego Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Come with a big appitite because the amount of food tasted is a meal in itself." See review