8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Your private guide will pick you up from your Salzburg hotel in a panorama glass roof van and whisk you away to Wrfen. Beat the city's summer heat and take a cable car to the world’s largest ice caves. The winter tour is equally interesting with a trip to the salt mines in Hallein, instead. With your guide’s help, you may even get the locals discount on entrance fees.
- See the best of Austria's natural beauty from your van's panorama glass roof
- Experience impressive Austrian attractions whatever the season
- Enjoy the convenience of private round trip transport from your Salzburg hotel
- Let your guide bargain on your behalf for lower entree fees
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan or limousine
Landing and facility fees
Entrance fees Maximum of 39.50
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress comfortable and enjoy the time here.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Inside the ice caves there are over 600stairs to climb up and also back down.
- The way to the cave is a continuously uphill (about 30-40minutes of uphill walking to it).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Be special Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour to world's biggest Ice Caves & Werfen from Salzburg?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour to world's biggest Ice Caves & Werfen from Salzburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour to world's biggest Ice Caves & Werfen from Salzburg?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour to world's biggest Ice Caves & Werfen from Salzburg?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour to world's biggest Ice Caves & Werfen from Salzburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSalzburg4WD Tours - Austrian AlpsSporting Events - Austrian AlpsBus Tours - Austrian AlpsNature and Wildlife - Austrian AlpsExtreme - Austrian AlpsFull-day Tours - Austrian Alps4WD Tours - HallstattSporting Events - HallstattBus Tours - HallstattNature and Wildlife - HallstattExtreme - HallstattFull-day Tours - Hallstatt4WD Tours - PassauSporting Events - PassauBus Tours - PassauNature and Wildlife - PassauExtreme - PassauFull-day Tours - PassauCategory
Large Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut)GetreidegasseToy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)Panorama MuseumCathedral Museum (Dommuseum)Georg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)Mozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)Mozart Square (Mozartplatz)Salzburg ZooMuseum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)Silent Night Chapel (Stille Nacht Kapelle)Werfen Ice Caves (Eisriesenwelt)Salzburg MuseumMichael Haydn MuseumHohensalzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg)Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug)Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)Salzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)Salzburg Old Market (Alter Markt)