12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the stunning scenery of Northwestern Argentina, including the famous ‘Train to the Clouds,’ during this 12-hour day trip. Follow the path of one of the highest railways in the world as you travel through Bull’s Gorge, then visit the Salinas Grandes salt lakes, and visit the picturesque village of Purmamarca. Breakfast, lunch, and round-trip transport from Salta are also included.
- Discover Northwest Argentina on a full-day tour from Salta
- Travel on the renowned 'Train to the Clouds'—one of the worlds highest railways
- Indulge in breakfast and lunch during your excursion—included as an added convenience
- Round-trip transport from Salta included
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Transport by specially equipped vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointSalta, Salta, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
Salta Office (address will be provided after booking)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Consult your doctor because of heights over 4200 masl.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Safari to the Clouds Tour Northwest Argentina from Salta?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Safari to the Clouds Tour Northwest Argentina from Salta?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Safari to the Clouds Tour Northwest Argentina from Salta?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Safari to the Clouds Tour Northwest Argentina from Salta?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Safari to the Clouds Tour Northwest Argentina from Salta
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSaltaBus Tours - Northwest ArgentinaNature and Wildlife - Northwest ArgentinaFull-day Tours - Northwest ArgentinaBus Tours - UyuniNature and Wildlife - UyuniFull-day Tours - UyuniBus Tours - MendozaNature and Wildlife - MendozaFull-day Tours - MendozaCategory
Cuesta del Obispo (Bishop’s Slope)San Antonio de los CobresHumahuaca Ravine (Quebrada de Humahuaca)Historical Museum of the North (Museo Historico del Norte)San Bernardo ConventLos Cardones National ParkSalado River (Rio Juramento)Train to the Clouds (Tren a las Nubes)Tin Tin Straight Line (Recta de Tin Tin)Bodega Domingo HermanosCalchaqui ValleyToro Gorge (Quebrada del Toro)Bodega El TránsitoSan Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo)Devil’s Throat (Garganta del Diablo)San LorenzoSan Francisco ChurchAcsibi CavesCultural Center of the Americas (Centro Cultural America)Cathedral of Salta