- Full-day tour of Salinas Grandes, Purmamarca, and Humahuaca from Salta
- Marvel at natural wonders like the Humahuaca gorge and the Hill of Seven Colors
- Pose for fun forced perspective photos on the Salina Grandes salt flats
- Browse for colorful handicrafts at the Purmamarca market
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, national park fees, and round-trip transport
- Small group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Arrive in the lively village of Purmamarca, famous for its daily handicrafts market and its spectacular backdrop, in the shadows of the Cerro de los Siete Colores (Hill of Seven Colors). Stand in awe before the multi-hued peaks, then journey on through the Humahuaca gorge, driving along the dramatic mountain passes of Cuesta del Lipan, Cuesta del Saladillo, and Abra del Potrerillo. Jump out to take photos as you climb to a height of 13,615 feet (4,150 meters), marvel at the mountain vistas, and look out for llamas and vicuñas grazing on the hillsides.
After an unforgettable drive, arrive at the day’s star attraction – the Salinas Grandes, an awe-inspiring expanse of gleaming white salt flats. You’ll have around 45 minutes of free time to explore the salt flats, leaving plenty of time to experience the unique landscapes and pose for the ubiquitous forced perspective photos.
Head back to Purmamarca to enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant and browse the market stalls for handcrafted souvenirs, before the return journey. Back in Salta, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY NORDIC TRAVEL EVT
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "This maybe works for a while as a marketing tool but the next person will hopefully be more informed after reviews come in." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews