- Calchaquí Valley day trip from Salta
- Enjoy an incredible drive past rural mountain villages and deep gorges
- See rock formations like Devil’s Throat
- Visit the wine town of Cafayate
- Take a tour of a local winery and sample three to four varietals, including malbec and torrontés, the local white grape
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Please note that there are some hotels in the city that are not included in our pickup routes. If your hotel is not included, we will contact you to inform you of the closest pick up location. We ask that you wait for the guide in the lobby of the hotel indicated.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Drive down into the depths of the Calchaquí Valley (Valles Calchaquíes,) a network of land formations that's pending on UNESCO's list of possible World Heritage sites. Stop several times for fantastic views of the unusual rock formations like the Amphitheater (Amfiteatro) and the Devil's Throat (Garganta del Diablo).
Take a break in Cayafate for lunch with your guide or at a restaurant of your choosing (both at your own expense), or enjoy the lunch that you brought with you before meeting up with the group for your winery tour of the vineyards or barreling facilities. The exact winery depends on availability, but some options include Vasija Secreta or Domingo Hermanos. You may even visit a second winery if time allows.
After a short winery tour, enjoy tasting three to four local varietals like malbec, cabernet, torrontés (the region’s signature white varietal) or mistela (a dessert wine). Then board your vehicle for the comfortable ride back to Salta and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Argentina
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms