- Rio de Janeiro full day shore excursion
- Conquer Corcovado Mountain, Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain in one day
- Board the cog train through lush Tijuca Rainforest
- Admire the view of Rio's sprawling beaches from the top of Corcovado Mountain
- Complimentary port pickup and drop off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start with visits to the Metropolitan Cathedral, well-known for its unlikely pyramid shape, and the famous Sambodromo, which hosts the festivities for the yearly Carnavale and is the major exhibition hall for Rio's samba schools.
See Cinelandia Square, home to historic cultural buildings like the National Museum of Fine Arts, the National Library and the Municipal Theater. Then travel through Urca, the neighborhood where Sugar Loaf Mountain resides. Board the cable car up the mountain, making a stop for a scenic photo op and views over Corcovado Mountain, the Rio-Niteroi Bridge and Guanabara Bay on the way. At the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain, pause to admire the expansive scenery, including the beaches of Niteroi, the Fortaleza Santa Cruz and the famous Copacabana.
Enjoy the included lunch at a local restaurant before continuing on your marathon tour in the afternoon. Head for the Cosme de Velho station, where you'll hop on the cog train and ride through the Tijuca Rainforest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. Spend 45 minutes at the top of the mountain, marveling at the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue and enjoying views out over Rio and its surroundings.
At the end of your 10-hour comprehensive sightseeing tour in Rio, enjoy drop-off back at the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Rio de Janeiro for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Barbecue Lunch (Vegetarian options available) - On option with Lunch. If selecting an option without lunch, our guide will offer a variety of nearby suggestions that can fit any budget or taste!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour does not operate on Carnival, Dec 24, 25 & 31 and January 1st.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "For a few extra dollars, Euros, pounds, yens, pesos, reals, please throw in a complimentary, non-alcoholic drink." See review