- Explore Rocinha Favela, the largest favela in Latin America
- Walk through the local community with your guide to learn about what life is like there
- Interact with members of the community
- Learn about the history of how Rocinha was established
- Gain a deeper understanding of the economic and political factors that shape Rio society
Departure & Return
If you do not contact us to confirm pickup time, we meet you at the Meeting Point.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- You must be able to walk up and down the stairs.
- For pickup in Barra/ Recreio, additional of USD 10 per person to be paid directly at the tour guide.
- We go to either Favela da Rocinha or Favela do Vidigal.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers per Minivan.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio Carioca Tour Ltda
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms