- 3.5-hour warehouse tour of Cidade do Samba
- Explore the floats and costumes of Acadêmicos do Grande Rio, one of Carnival’s top samba schools
- Try on Carnival costumes, and drink a caipirinha
- Learn about the history of Carnival and Rio's samba schools
- Pickup and drop-off from most Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Walk through the Cidade do Samba with your local guide and learn about the history, culture and traditions of Carnival. Get an insider's perspective on the parade and samba competition in the Sambadromo while you walk through G.R.E.S. Acadêmicos do Grande Rio's backstage area to see their preparations in progress.
Check out the racks bursting with over-the-top costumes. Learn about the stories and legends underlying the pageantry as your guide explains Carnival’s pagan origins that began in ancient Greece, continued through the European Middles Ages in Europe and arrival in Brazil with Portuguese colonization.
Sip a caipirinha, Brazil's national drink, which might give you the courage and to try on one of the outrageous costumes before heading back to your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms