Explore our promoted experiences
- 9-hour private tour of Iceland's southern coast
- Learn about the geology and natural history of the area
- Travel in a 4x4 vehicle equipped for Iceland's rugged terrain
- See waterfalls, volcanoes and black sand beaches
- Private tour ensures a flexible itinerary and personal attention from your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at the 'trout waterfall', or Urriðafoss, which cascades down the side of the Ice Age-era Þjórsárhraun lava field. After some exploring and photo ops, hit the road again in search of other waterfalls, such as the 196-foot (60-meter) Seljalandsfoss, surrounded by sheer cliffs. Intrepid adventurers can navigate the footpath that runs behind the waterfall. At Skogafoss, one of the biggest waterfalls in Iceland, marvel at the double rainbow that often forms in the droplets of mist on sunny days.
Continue to Dyrhólaey, a 400-foot (120-meter) high headland cliff that juts out into the sea. See how the sea has eroded the promontory in such a way as to form giant hole in the land. Walk along the nearby black sand beaches in Reynisfjara, where you can marvel at the strength of the crashing waves, explore some sea caves, and take photos of the otherworldly basalt rock formations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Itineraries are designed to be flexible taking weather conditions into account.
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Bring warm clothes and your camera
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Arctic Advanced ehf.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands