11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Iceland—the Land of Fire and Ice—boasts volcanoes and frozen glaciers, and many of the most impressive natural attractions lie along the country’s southern shores. On this full-day sightseeing tour, travel in comfort by air-conditioned minivan to landmarks including Skógafoss waterfall and a guided walk up to the front of the Sólheimajökull glacier. With round-trip travel from central Reykjavik included, find out exactly how Iceland earned its nickname.
- Spin through southern Iceland by air-conditioned minivan with time to explore the sites on foot
- Visit natural landmarks including Skógafoss waterfall and the Sólheimajökull glacier
- Uninterrupted views over the Icelandic countryside from your vehicle
- Includes admission to the Icelandic Lava Show
Saved to wishlist!
One of Hidden Iceland's wonderful English speaking professional guides
Guided valley walk for incredible views of the glacier
Transport by comfortable and spacious air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Icelandic Lava Show
Pickup and drop-off from designated bus pickup points in Reykjavik
Food and drinks - can be purchased during day
There is NO glacier hike on this tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickups commence at 08:30am. Please be at your designated pick up point at this time in case your pick up location is the first one of the morning. We pick up from the designated tourist bus pick up points in downtown Reykjavik, and certain hotels where it is permissible to drive a mini bus and pick up from. If you are in downtown Reykjavik we will likely need to use one of these pick up points. Please enter your hotel information by choosing My Hotel is Not Listed and then entering the hotel details in. We will then assign your nearest pick up point and inform you of this.
- Skarfabakki Harbour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Sturdy, waterproof footwear recommended
- We have to pick up from designated pickup point around Reykjavik. Restrictions imposed by the City of Reykjavik mean that we cannot pick up from certain hotels or AirBnB addresses, rather nearby designated bus pickup points. Please contact us to inform us of where you are staying and we will inform you of nearest pickup point.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We will stop in the south coast town of Hvolsvöllur to load up on snacks for the day. You can shop here and bring food and for the day if you want to spend more time at the sights during lunch. There is ample time to have lunch at The Soup Company located within the Icelandic Lava Show premises. The soups are filling and delicious, as are the paninis and sandwiches here.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hidden Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during South Coast: Fire & Ice - Waterfalls, Glaciers & Icelandic Lava Show in Vík?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during South Coast: Fire & Ice - Waterfalls, Glaciers & Icelandic Lava Show in Vík?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during South Coast: Fire & Ice - Waterfalls, Glaciers & Icelandic Lava Show in Vík?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during South Coast: Fire & Ice - Waterfalls, Glaciers & Icelandic Lava Show in Vík?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This trip is with a company called Hidden Iceland who offer small group tours and on this particular tour they take a maximum of 12 people." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
South Coast: Fire & Ice - Waterfalls, Glaciers & Icelandic Lava Show in Vík
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikFull-day Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Whales of IcelandThrihnukagigur VolcanoSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Saga MuseumHveragerdiLangjökullStrokkurReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverFimmvörðuháls VolcanoThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Imagine Peace TowerLaugardalurSkógafossMt. EsjaSkaftafell National ParkSkogar MuseumHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)Eyjafjallajökull VolcanoHofdi HouseAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)