Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit the magical Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls on a small-group tour
- Stroll along the black sand beach of Reynisfjara beach and see its basalt rock stacks
- Explore the 700 year old Solheimajokull glacier and admire its formation during a short glacier walk
- Spot Eyjafjalljokull and Hekla volcanoes (weather depending) as well as the Westman Islands across the ocean
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Remeber to bring some food and drinks with you for lunch, if you wish you can also use one of the stops on the way to buy some snacks at own expense. Your guide will make sure you give you a break to enjoy your lunch around midway through your south shore tour.
Drive through fertile farmlands and typical Icelandic villages and liste to tales of the country‘s rich Viking history and heritage. Stop at the spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall, make sur to snap photos of its rushing waters as they plunge from a former sea cliff. If you wish, you can also take a walk along the path behind the fall to enjoy close up views of the curtain of water.
Catch glimpses of the Eyjafjallajökull and Hekla volcanos (depending on weather), and stop for a short glacier exploration at Solheimajokull glacier. Marvel at this rugged tongue of ice, a raw finger of ancient frozen water characteried by jagged ridges, sinkholes and other ice formations. Lookfor the Westnan Iskabds rusubg steeply off the coast, and travel to the popular black sand beach of Reynisfjara, where black pebbles sit beneath cliffs of pillar-like basalt stacks. Legend has it that the stacks were formed when two mischievous trolls were turned to stone.
Make a stop to see another of Icelnd‘s picture-postcard waterfalls, Skogafoss. Admire the 196 foot (60 meter) cascade before heading back to Reykjavik where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- It is recommended to bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, gloves, hat and good hiking shoes
- Please note that the order of the itinerary can be altered if weather conditions change
- This is a small group tour ensuring a more personalized experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Do keep in mind that the track back is very slippery." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews