- Enjoy the picturesque scenery of Faxaflói, a bay teeming with fish
- Good chance of catching cod, halibut, haddock, rockfish and pollock
- Professional equipment provided
- Barbeque your catch on board or take it with you
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Feel the thrill as you cut through the waves, and set about using the supplied angling equipment. As well as experienced anglers, this trip is ideal for first-timers, so if you’ve never been sea fishing, don’t worry — the crew will guide you through the essentials. All the necessary items, including fishing rods and bait, are provided on board.
Once you’re ready, drop your line and enjoy an exciting angling session. Species you may catch include cod, haddock, pollock, halibut and rockfish.
If you’re fishing in summer (May to August), your boat will pass the islands of Akurey and Lundey during your trip. Both islands are famous for their seabirds and summertime puffin colonies, so keep your eyes peeled for these colorful birds nesting on the shores.
After your fishing session, we can either prepare your catch for you to take back to your hotel/apartment to be cooked, or grill the catch on board.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Tours Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms