- 1-hour puffin sightseeing cruise from Reykjavik Port
- See puffins and rare bird life in their natural habitat on a Reykjavik shore excursion
- Cruise from Reykjavik to Akurey Island aboard a state-of-the-art sightseeing boat
- Learn about the flora and fauna of Akurey Island from an expert guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Please make your way to the Special Tours Ticket Office, located at Aegisgardur 13, 101 Reykjavik at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Circle around the island outcrop and watch for the puffins and other native seabirds like Arctic terns. Your state-of-the-art sightseeing boat is designed to reach tricky areas, allowing you to cruise close to Akurey’s rocky shoreline.
When your circle of the island is complete, enjoy a few moments of peace and calm with the boat’s engine silenced. Use the time to take photos of the scenery and wildlife, and then cruise back to the Port of Reykjavik. Coffee is served on board as you go
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Reykjavik for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that complimentary transfers are only applicable for passengers from Skarfabakki Harbour. Miðbakki (the alternative dock) is a very short walk to the departure point for this tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Tours Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms