2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Mt. Úlfarsfell lies in the countryside outside Reykjavik, and its remote location makes it the perfect place for outdoor adventure in the Icelandic wilderness. On this tour, hop into the saddle and follow rugged trails around Mt. Úlfarsfell on horseback with your private guide. With refreshments and round-trip travel from central Reykjavik hotels included, escape the city and learn of Iceland’s rich horsemanship traditions.
- Explore Mt. Úlfarsfell on horseback with your private guide
- Learn of the role the horse plays in Icelandic culture and history
- Sweeping views over Mt. Úlfarsfell and the surrounding countryside
- Enjoy light refreshments after your ride
Saved to wishlist!
Use of helmet and gloves
Warm overalls (in winter)
At the location you can buy homemade Icelandic wool sweaters
Departure & Return
Akrar 2, 271 Mosfellsbær, Iceland
We are located at Akrar 2, 271 Mosfellsbær
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not suitable for those weighting over 115kg
- Keep in mind that all riding gear that cannot be washed cannot be taken to Iceland.
- Comfortable riding shoes are recommend or walking shoes/ good sneakers
- Please remember that it is forbidden by law to bring used horse/equestrian equipment into Iceland
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If a rider is not following instructions, is not capable of riding or if guides feel insecure about taking a guest for a riding tour - the tour might be cancelled, with out refund.
- The best way to get to our place is to take bus no 15 from downtown Reykjavík
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Icelandic Riding
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Horse riding tour from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Horse riding tour from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Horse riding tour from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Horse riding tour from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Horse riding tour from Reykjavík
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeLayover Tours Walking & Biking ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavik4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikNature and Wildlife - VikExtreme - VikLayover Tours - Vik4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellLayover Tours - Skaftafell4WD Tours - South IcelandSporting Events - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandLayover Tours - South IcelandCategory
LandmannalaugarNational Gallery of IcelandSun Voyager (Solfar)Thor's Woods (Thórsmörk)HveragerdiReykjanes PeninsulaSkaftafell National ParkThe Pearl (Perlan)Silfra FissureEyjafjallajökull VolcanoReykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsVatnajokull National ParkSaga MuseumSnaefellsjokull National ParkThrihnukagigur VolcanoSeljalandsfossReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)SkógafossBessastadir