3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Chase the Northern Lights, and watch the pink, green, yellow, and violet hues dance in the sky above you on this private tour from Reykjavik. After pickup at your hotel, head out in search of the lights. Ideal locations vary day-to-day, but popular spots are Thingvellir National Park, Hvalfjordur, and the Reykjanes Peninsula.
- See the Northern Lights on a private tour
- Visit an ideal viewing location for the day
- Includes hassle-free, round-trip transportation
- Stress-free package ideal for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
WiFi in vehicle
Transport by private vehicle
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed. Refunds are never made after tour completion.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Hire Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik
3 to 4 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesReykjavikUnique Experiences - VikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikHalf-day Tours - VikUnique Experiences - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellUnique Experiences - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandHalf-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Mt. EsjaSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Thrihnukagigur VolcanoNational Museum of IcelandSeljalandsfossHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Reykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsReykjanes PeninsulaSkogar MuseumSkaftafell National ParkAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)LandmannalaugarThingvellir National ParkSkógafossHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)Faxaflói BaySaga MuseumLaugardalurStrokkurReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal River