- Evening tour to see the amazing Northern Lights
- One of the world's most amazing natural phenomena, also known as the Aurora Borealis
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off from select Reykjavik meeting points
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
En route, listen as your guide explains the science behind the extraordinary natural phenomenon, also known as the Aurora Borealis. Learn about the Icelandic myths that have grown up around the spectacle, and how the fluorescent lights are formed by electrically charged particles in the Earth’s atmosphere.
Leave Reykjavik far behind, and head into an area free from any urban light pollution—the darker the skies, the better the chances of getting a good view of the lights.
Hop out of the coach at select locations with your camera in hand and scan the skies, with pointers from your guide. If you’re lucky, be treated to a display and gaze at the shimmering veils of fluorescent lights as they dance and move across the sky.
If you’re keen to get shots, get tips from your guide on how to set up your camera and take good quality photos. Sightings can’t be guaranteed, but if you don’t observe the lights, you receive a complimentary ticket to take the evening tour on another day.
After your evening spent looking for the lights, return to Reykjavik where your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge, or get a refund. If the tour goes ahead but no northern lights can be seen, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge but no refund is offered.
- Passengers will be dropped off at their original pickup point or as close as possible.
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed
- It is important to dress appropriately for this tour, warm clothing is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- The tour lasts between 3-5 hours.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you want pictures, make sure you download the app for northern lights so you can take pictures with your smart device." See review
- "Do wrap up well, and be prepared to wait 2 or 3 hours." See review
- "We had perfect weather conditions but remember it’s up to nature if you are gonna see something or not." See review