Explore our promoted experiences
- Action-packed ATV tour out on the trails, led by an expert guide
- Panoramic views over Reykjavik and the Reykjanes Peninsula
- Bounce along gravel roads by Hafravatn, a tranquil lake just outside of the city
- Select from a 1- or 2-seater quad bike
- Gear included: overalls, rain jacket, helmet, balaclavas and gloves
- Round-trip transportation from Reykjavik
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Once ready, set off with your guide in a convoy, first along paved roads that wind through the open grasslands surrounding the city outskirts. Turn off onto gravel tracks and make your way to the shores of Lake Hafravatn lake, where you can admire the glassy surface framed by snow-capped peaks in the distance.
Feel the true power of your bike’s off-road capabilities as you climb the rocky slopes of Reykjavik Peak. From the summit, enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the capital below, surrounded by sweeping stretches of grassland and icy ranges. Get an adrenaline rush as you cruise down the mountain tracks and back to base camp.
Relax in the transfer vehicle on the drive back to your Reykjavik hotel, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Price is per person and is 2 people riding on one quad bike
- Children aged 6-17 are only permitted as passengers on the quad bike
- A valid driver's license is required to drive the quad bike
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking for the double rider option and 1 adult per booking for the single rider option is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Safari Quads
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms