2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Rather than rushing between the highlights of Iceland's south coast, slow down and fully absorb the experience on this small-group overnight guided tour from Reykjavík. See the famed waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, as well as the black sand beach and basalt columns at Reynisfjara. Hike on the Falljökull Glacier and watch giant icebergs float around Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Includes accommodation and breakfast.
- Spend two days exploring sites that many tour groups rush through in one day
- Small-group tour offers a more personal experience
- Includes overnight accommodation at the foot of Vatnajökull National Park
- Hassle-free round-trip transfers from your Reykjavik hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Glacier Hike & Equipment
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks, except Breakfast.
Sturdy Waterproof hiking boots needed for glacier hike. Can be rented for 1000 ISK (approx $10 US)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickups start at 08:30am. Please be at your designated pick up point at this time in case your pick up is the first one of the morning. We pick up from the designated tourist bus pick up points in downtown Reykjavik, and certain hotels where it is permissible to drive a mini bus and pick up from. If you are in downtown Reykjavik we will likely need to use one of these pick up points. Please enter your hotel information by choosing My Hotel is Not Listed and then entering the hotel details in. We will then assign your nearest pick up point and inform you of this.
- Skarfabakki Harbour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Waterproof clothing required (no denim on the glacier).
- Pickup from designated pick-up points at departure time (08:30am).
- Please keep luggage you bring along on two day tour to a minimum.
- We have to pick up from designated pickup point around Reykjavik. Restrictions imposed by the City of Reykjavik mean that we cannot pick up from certain hotels or AirBnB addresses, rather nearby designated bus pickup points. Please contact us to inform us of where you are staying and we will inform you of nearest pickup point.
- Pickup commences at 08:30am from designated bus pick up points
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hidden Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day Tour | Glacier Hike & Entire South Coast?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day Tour | Glacier Hike & Entire South Coast?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day Tour | Glacier Hike & Entire South Coast?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day Tour | Glacier Hike & Entire South Coast?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The tour includes a relatively small number of people, so the attention to each participants is very sufficient." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day Tour | Glacier Hike & Entire South Coast
3 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursOvernight ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikBus Tours - VikOvernight Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikMulti-day Tours - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellOvernight Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellMulti-day Tours - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandOvernight Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandMulti-day Tours - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandCategory
Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Vatnajokull National ParkImagine Peace TowerThrihnukagigur VolcanoHveragerdiVolcano HouseSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Snaefellsjokull National ParkLaugardalurSkogar MuseumFaxaflói BayThingvellir National ParkStrokkurFimmvörðuháls VolcanoVidey IslandHofdi HouseSkógafossÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Saga MuseumReykjavík Art Museum Hafnarhús