- Reykjavik Super Saver that offers two incredible tours for a discounted price
- Spot marine life, including harbor porpoises and humpback whales, on a whale-watching tour
- Choose between a 3.5-hour whale-watching cruise, or a 2.5-hour high-speed boat version
- Learn about some of Iceland’s most majestic native wildlife from expert guides on both tours
Departure & Return
Special Tours Ticket Office
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Find a comfortable seat on board and warm yourself with a soft, provided blanket while listening to illuminating narration that details the behavior and physiology of the puffins.
As you approach the island, gaze out of the window and marvel at the agile birds as they dive into the water for fish. Use binoculars to get a closer look at the puffins and scour the sea for other bird species like Arctic terns, black guillemots and northern fulmars.
Arrive at the rocky shores of Akurey and circle the island for more prime puffin vantage points. Then, make the serene journey back to land where your hotel drop off will be waiting (if option selected).'
Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik (2.5 or 3.5 Hours)Opt for a tour length and departure time to suit to your schedule and then embark on either a leisurely 3.5-hour cruise or an express 2.5-hour high-speed boat ride. Depart from your Reykjavik hotel (if option selected) and travel to the quaint Old Harbour to board your luxurious whale-watching vessel.
Keep your eyes open for common sightings of minke whales and humpback whales while your guide helps scan the open seas. While listening to illuminating natural commentary from your guide, scan the calm ocean for sightings of other wildlife species like white-beaked dolphins and porpoises. Keep your eyes open and your camera ready for common sightings of minke whales and humpback whales!
Revitalize with steaming beverages like hot chocolate and aromatic coffee throughout your cruise in the inside viewing area (at your own expense). After capturing countless photographs of majestic whales,relax during the journey by boat and coach to your Reykjavik hotel (if option selected).
In the unlikely event you don’t spot any whales in Faxaflói Bay, receive a complimentary ticket for another whale-watching cruise.
Please note: You can choose to take the tours on the same day, or across separate days during your Iceland vacation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Warm clothes recommended
- Please note: You will need to reconfirm your cruise times with the supplier, refer to voucher for further details
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Tours Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Iceland Super Saver: Puffin Cruise plus Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik.