11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Make the most of your time in Iceland on this guided tour from Reykjavik that combines three of the country's most spectacular sites with a northern lights tour. During the day, explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Thingvellir National Park, marvel at the teeming waterfall of Gullfoss, and watch Geysir spout steaming hot water into the air. After being dropped off back at your hotel, there is time to rest before you are picked back up to go hunting for the northern lights.
- Combination tour: Explore the Golden Circle and go northern lights hunting
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Reykjavik hotel
- Get insight into each of the sites you visit from your guide
- With experienced aurora hunters, go off the beaten path for better chances of seeing the lights
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
Food & drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.2 – Tjörnin (The Pond)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.9 – Snorrabraut
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Oddsson Hotel - Grensásvegur 16a.
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Capital Inn – Suðurhlíð 35d.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
- Skarfabakki Harbour, 544P+F35, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that this is a combo tour. After the Golden Circle tour we will drop you off at your original pickup point. You will have free time to get some dinner, and then we will pick you up again from your original pickup point for the Northern Lights adventure.
- From 1st of October to 28th of February, the pickup for the Northern Lights portion is at 20:30 PM
- From 1st of September to 30th of September, and from 1st of March to 15th of April, the pickup for the Northern Lights portion is at 21:30 PM
- Minimum age requirement for this tour is 6 years old.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Wear Warm layers, weatherproof top layer, headwear, gloves, scarves, and hiking or sturdy shoes. Spikes which fit on your boots are useful in icy conditions if you have them.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during SuperSaver: Golden Circle Afternoon Tour and Northern Lights Adventure by Minibus from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during SuperSaver: Golden Circle Afternoon Tour and Northern Lights Adventure by Minibus from Reykjavik?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during SuperSaver: Golden Circle Afternoon Tour and Northern Lights Adventure by Minibus from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
SuperSaver: Golden Circle Afternoon Tour and Northern Lights Adventure by Minibus from Reykjavik
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikFull-day Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
HafnarfjordurHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)National Gallery of IcelandSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalHofdi HouseVidey IslandLaugardalurSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Thingvellir National ParkSnaefellsjokull National ParkÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Skogar MuseumThe Pearl (Perlan)Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Imagine Peace TowerMt. EsjaLangjökullSun Voyager (Solfar)Viking WorldVatnajokull National Park