- 8-hour Langjökull glacier snowmobile ride and ice cave visit from Reykjavik
- 1-hour snowmobile trek across Iceland’s second-biggest ice cap
- Zoom over the snow and ice led by a glacier guide
- Stop to visit Langjökull ice cave deep inside the glacier
- View the cave's layers of blue ice and learn how they formed
- Small-Group experience limited to one guide per six sleds
- Round-trip air-conditioned transportation, including downtown Reykjavik hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.2 – Tjörnin (The Pond)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.9 – Snorrabraut
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Oddsson Hotel - Grensásvegur 16a.
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Capital Inn – Suðurhlíð 35d.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
What To Expect
On arrival, take in the views over the sparkling glacier and be shown to your modern snowmobile. Then, listen to a safety briefing, and don the provided snowmobiling gear, including a thermal coverall, balaclava, helmet, and gloves. Get instructions on operating your vehicle, and when you’re ready, set off in a small group of six travelers or fewer, led by a certified glacier guide.
Cruise over the glacier and as you gain in confidence, open the throttle and pick up speed. Zip over the ice, and soak in the far-reaching views over the surrounding snow fields and mountains.
Following about 30 minutes on your snowmobile, arrive at the ice cave, and walk to the entrance. Then, descend into the depths to admire the blue ice. Learn about the glacier’s formation and how the layers of ice form its heart, and take photos of the surreal-looking, icy world around you.
After approximately 15 minutes spent exploring the cave, re-emerge onto the glacier and hop back on your snowmobile. Then, rev the engine and enjoy the return 30-minute ride back over the ice to the base station.
Your full-day tour finishes with a drop-off back at your accommodation in central Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Small group experience limited to one guide per 6 sleds.
- Minimum age: 8 years old (to be a participant at the back of the snowmobile)
- Not recommend women that are 3+ months pregnant
- Warm outdoor clothing and good hiking shoes are recommended
- Please note: You have to have a valid drivers license to operate a snowmobile
- Be aware that if you book odd numbers of participants you have to pay single rider supplement. If you do not choose it in the booking process you will be charged the extra fee on location
- Transportation vehicle is a super truck that includes air conditioning
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Glacier Snowmobiling and Ice Cave Tour from Reykjavik.
- "It’s also very wet so made the drive home a bit uncomfortable." See review