3 hours to 1 day (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Ecuador’s “Middle of the World City” on this self-guided motor scooter excursion. After a quick safety briefing, head to Mitad del Mundo—the precise location of the equatorial line—and visit the monument that divides the northern and southern hemispheres. Check out a museum that tackles the physics and folklore of the area, tour a dormant volcano in South America’s first national park, and explore other sites in and around Quito.
- Explore Ecuador’s “Middle of the World City” on an affordable, half-day tour
- Stand in the exact spot where the southern and northern hemisphere meet
- Visit the Intiñan Museum and the Pululahua Volcano Geobotanical Reserve
- Ride your own motor scooter and explore the region at your own pace
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Use of Motorscooter
Use of helmet
Coffee and/or Tea
Use of programmed GPS unit
Entrance fees to museums and parks
100% refundable security deposit using a major credit card ($500)
Departure & Return
Calle Finlandia N35-06 Y Suecia, Quito 170135, Ecuador
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Driver's license that permits you to ride a scooter in your home country required
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Self-Guided Scooter Tour of Quito & Mitad del Mundo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Self-Guided Scooter Tour of Quito & Mitad del Mundo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Self-Guided Scooter Tour of Quito & Mitad del Mundo?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Self-Guided Scooter Tour of Quito & Mitad del Mundo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Self-Guided Scooter Tour of Quito & Mitad del Mundo
3 to 24 hours
2 hours 15 minutes
5 hours 35 minutes
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursVespa, Scooter & Moped ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingQuitoCity Tours - MindoVespa, Scooter & Moped Tours - MindoCity Tours - ArmeniaVespa, Scooter & Moped Tours - ArmeniaCity Tours - IquitosVespa, Scooter & Moped Tours - IquitosCategory
Santo Domingo Plaza (Plaza de Santa Domingo) Tours & TicketsGuayasamin Museum (Casa Museo Guayasamin) Tours & TicketsEl Panecillo Tours & TicketsIñaquito Market (Mercado Iñaquito) Tours & TicketsYanayacu Biological Station Tours & TicketsCalle La Ronda Tours & TicketsLimpiopungo Lagoon Tours & TicketsQuito Old Town Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco) Tours & TicketsSangay National Park Tours & TicketsTermas de Papallacta Spa Tours & TicketsPresidential Palace Tours & TicketsEl Sagrario Church Tours & TicketsEl Altar Mountain Tours & TicketsCapilla del Hombre (Guayasamín Museum) Tours & TicketsCasa del Alabado Museum of Pre-Columbian Art Tours & TicketsMuseum of Colonial Art (Museo De Arte Colonial) Tours & TicketsCotopaxi Volcano Tours & TicketsCathedral of Quito (Catedral de Quito) Tours & TicketsArchbishop's Palace (Palacio Arzobispal) Tours & Tickets