5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Get a true taste of Dominican life on this tour of Puerto Plata from Amber Cove. Make the most of your time in port and book your shore excursion in advance, knowing that this tour will give you a full picture of Dominican history, culture, and folklore. With all transportation included and commentary from your guides, you'll learn about the city and additionally get to taste some of its best food and drinks.
- Lunch, snacks, and rum drinks means passengers won't go hungry or thirsty
- Round-trip transportation from the Amber Cove cruise port makes for a stress-free experience
- Get a full picture of Dominican life through the tour's stops and guided commentary
- Small group ensures personalized attention and a flexible itinerary
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Lunch Included (Choose from 3 menu selections)
Additional alcoholic drinks at lunch (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
A map and port meeting point details will be provided with our confirmation. Please disembark as quickly as possible and get to the meeting point not later than 45 minutes after your ship docks.
We will also be picking up from the new port Taino Bay Puerto Plata when it opens winter 2020.
- Amber Cove Puerto Plata Dominican Republic
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
6/16/2016 - 1/31/2024
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities and not possible for wheelchair users
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 6 passengers required to operate the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Itineraries may change due to weather, problems with routes, etc. Iguana Mama reserves the right to change the itinerary due to any factor.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iguana Mama Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Eat Drink and Be Merry Puerto Plata City Tour!?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Eat Drink and Be Merry Puerto Plata City Tour!?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Eat Drink and Be Merry Puerto Plata City Tour!?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Eat Drink and Be Merry Puerto Plata City Tour!?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It made the hole trip ..if your thinking it's best to book through the cruise lines it's a mistake ." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Amber Cove Shore Excursion: Eat Drink and Be Merry Puerto Plata City Tour!
4 hours 15 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursTrolley Tours Ports of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPuerto PlataShore Excursions - SamanáBus Tours - SamanáCity Tours - SamanáTrolley Tours - SamanáPorts of Call Tours - SamanáHalf-day Tours - SamanáShore Excursions - Santo DomingoBus Tours - Santo DomingoCity Tours - Santo DomingoTrolley Tours - Santo DomingoPorts of Call Tours - Santo DomingoHalf-day Tours - Santo DomingoShore Excursions - La RomanaBus Tours - La RomanaCity Tours - La RomanaTrolley Tours - La RomanaPorts of Call Tours - La RomanaHalf-day Tours - La RomanaCategory
Brugal Rum Center Tours & TicketsSosua Beach (Playa Sosua) Tours & TicketsEncuentro Beach (Playa Encuentro) Tours & TicketsYaque del Norte River Tours & TicketsJimenoa Falls (Salto de Jimenoa) Tours & TicketsMonument of Santiago (Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración) Tours & TicketsPunta Rusia Tours & TicketsLa Isabela Tours & TicketsMonte Cristi National Park Tours & TicketsKey Paradise Tours & TicketsCayo Paraiso (Paradise Island) Tours & TicketsLa Aurora Cigar Factory Tours & TicketsDorada Beach (Playa Dorada) Tours & Tickets