- Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte helicopter tour from Paris, including dinner
- Fly past the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral and Versailles Palace
- Land at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte and explore the 17th-century castle and gardens at your leisure
- Savor a gourmet 3-course meal with wine and Champagne
- Enjoy luxury limousine transport back to your Paris hotel
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
During the scenic helicopter flight, see landmarks like Notre Dame Cathedral and the iconic Eiffel Tower from overhead, followed by the opulent Palace of Versailles and its surrounding gardens. Land at the 17th-century château near Maincy, roughly 37 miles (60 km) southeast of Paris.
The grandiose and awe-inspiring Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is one of Europe's most influential and most important architectural landmarks of the 17th century. It was the finance minister, Nicolas Fouquet’s Palace who outshone the young Sun King with its modern architecture, lavishly decorated interiors, with stunning gilded walls, statues, tapestries, and the era's finest furnishings.
Also, one of the château's best features is its well-groomed French-style gardens, the first major garden designed by the famous landscape architect Le Notre. Complete with fountains, canals and stone curbs, the gardens contain an interesting optical illusion, distorting its distance depending on where you look at it. It's no wonder why the young Sun King became so jealous and that Vaux-le-Vicomte became the origin of Versailles Palace.
Vaux le Vicomte is also seen in many movies such as James Bond’s 'Moonraker,' 'The Man in the Iron Mask' with Leonardo DiCaprio, 'Marie Antoinette,' and more recently, the TV show 'Versailles.' Today, the castle is privately owned and the family still lives on the grounds.
If you are lucky enough to be in France for the château's seasonal Saturday night Candlelight Visits, you can see the house become illuminated by over 2,000 candles as you drink champagne and listen to live classical music being played from the garden, in remembrance of Louis XIV and the 17th century festivities that were held there.
Upon arrival at the historic estate, enjoy a guided tour of the grounds by golf cart or make your way to the château itself for an audio-guide tour. See the rooms decorated with period furniture, tapestries, and artwork. Explore the castle at your leisure in the time before dinner is served.
At dusk, the gardens come to life with the light of over 2,000 candles, and it's time to make your way to the restaurant in the castle for dinner. Enjoy a 3-course meal with wine and Champagne while you listen to classical music. The menu specifics vary, but you can choose from a beef and lobster meal or a vegetarian menu. All dishes feature seasonal and local produce. (See the Itinerary section below for a sample menu.)
As your magical night winds down, climb into a luxury limo for the return trip to Paris and your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Helicopter: children under the age of 2 can sit on their parents lap. There can be no more than 2 children under 2 years old in one helicopter. Children over 2 years old count as one person for the helicopter. A helicopter seats up to 4 people.
- Please select your menu at the time of booking by entering your choice into the Special Requirements box at the check-out. Please also specify any allergies, dietary requirements or requests for a children's menu at the time of booking
- One golf cart can accommodate four adults or three adults and two children under the age of 10. If your party includes five people over the age of 10, you will be given two golf carts to use
- Each driver must hold a valid driving license
- A credit card deposit of 200 EUR per golf cart will be required upon arrival at the château
- The dinner will take place outside, as long as weather conditions permit; otherwise it will be inside the ourtbuildings
- The temperature can drop in the evening; please dress appropriately
- Your limousine departs Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte at 11:30pm. You may request an earlier pickup by contacting the château's ticket desk at least 2 hours before your requested departure time
- Vehicles used for the limousine transfer are Mercedes S-Class (up to 3 people), Mercedes Viano (4-6 people), or equivalents.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vaux le Vicomte
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Vaux-le-Vicomte Evening Helicopter Tour from Paris 3-Course Champagne Dinner.