- Private tour of Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie
- Start with a traditional French snack of coffee and croissants on the banks of the Seine River
- Admire the Gothic grandeur of Notre Dame Cathedral, the symbol of medieval Paris
- Choose between a morning or afternoon tour
Departure & Return
We will meet at the corner or intersection of Boulevard du Palais and Rue de Lutèce
What To Expect
Afterward, head on to Notre Dame Cathedral with your guide and admire its striking Gothic façade before stepping inside to explore further. Widely considered among the most famous churches in the world, Notre Dame Cathedral was built during the reign of King Louis VII in the 12th century and it stands today as one of Paris’ most iconic medieval buildings. Admire the stained-glass windows and religious artifacts on display and learn the significance behind several of the surviving statues.
Continue on to the Sainte Chapelle, a 13th-century church constructed by King Louis IX. During your visit, marvel at the spectacular stained-glass windows in the nave and listen as your guide details the stories they tell.
Your visit after the Sainte Chapelle will proceed to the Conciergerie. This medieval building (which now houses the Paris law courts) is the oldest royal palace in Paris. It was the residence and seat of power of the French kings for centuries during the Middle Ages, then it was converted into a prison in the 15th century. You will see the impressive 14th century Hall of Men-at-arms where the banquets took place in the Middle Ages and the Guardroom with its gothic style vaults. Then you will tour the prison itself, with the Grooming room where the condemned prisoners were stripped from their personal belongings and you will see the different cells, including that of Marie-Antoinette, where she spent the last weeks of her life before being beheaded by guillotine.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear appropriate footwear
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I suggest in the Conciergerie that the tablets get included as part of the tour since it's not the same looking at bare walls as opposed to seeing in the tablet how it looked back then." See review