Explore our promoted experiences
- Get the personalized experience of a private guide
- Explore the palace and gardens on your own during free time
- Enjoy the exclusivity of a small group size with maximum four people
- Visit one of England’s most overlooked attractions
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
The guide will give you return bus ticket for the public bus and directions at end of your tour. The public bus runs back into Oxford at least every half hour until 23.00.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Blenheim palace is located just next to Woodstock village, so we recommend you visit both locations in your free time after the guided tour.
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME AT THE AGREED MEETING POINT:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you might forfeit and lose your booking as if your arriving late, as this may interrupt the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- WE OFFER YOU THE OPTION TO EITHER MEET US AT 10.30am or at 12.30 in OXFORD TO CATCH THE PUBLIC BUS WITH US TO THE PALACE OR TO MEET US AT 2PM AT THE PALACE, LOCATED ABOUT HALF HOUR DRIVE AWAY FROM OXFORD CITY.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Only audio guide being allowed inside the palace - is bit irritating, however it was over come by Michiel discreetly." See review