1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn to surf the waves of the Atlantic Ocean during your time in the Outer Banks with this immersive lesson. Join a small group on the shores of Kitty Hawk for an in-depth lesson on surfboards, paddling techniques, pop up, and foot placement. After practicing on the sand, head out into the water to try to catch as many waves as you can while your instructor guides you.
- Classes are offered at low tide for a safe experience
- All surfing equipment and a wetsuit is provided
- A small group means more attention from your instructor
- This tour is suitable for those aged six years and older
Saved to wishlist!
Learn to surf on the Outer Banks!! Lesson includes ocean safety, surfboard anatomy 101, paddling technique, proper pop up and foot placement and help in the water to catch as many waves as you can.
Surfboard, wetsuit, wax, & stoke for daze!
Departure & Return
Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School , 6150 N Croatan Hwy, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
6150 North Croatan HWY Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.