- Ghost tour of Old Carleton County Jail in Ottawa
- Suited to travelers interested in the supernatural
- Tour the reputedly haunted Carleton County Jail, a spooky 19th-century structure
- Hear tales of faceless ghosts, levitating coins, and unlawful hangings
- Choose from two evening departure times
Departure & Return
Haunted Walk's ticket office, located just steps from Parliament Hill in downtown Ottawa
What To Expect
Your guide tells eerie and entertaining tales of levitating coins, faceless ghosts, and the gruesome assassination of Thomas D’Arcy McGee as you visit the jail’s spookiest spots.
Visit death row and the site of the last gallows to operate in Canada, and listen to the tale of a custodian who saw a former inmate walk through his bedroom wall.
Your tour concludes outside of the jail.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Haunted Walks Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.