- Private Le Havre shore excursion to the US D-Day sites of Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, and Normandy American Cemetery, among others
- Visit Pointe du Hoc, where US Rangers scaled cliffs to capture a German battery
- See Omaha Beach, the bloodiest of the D-Day landing beaches, as portrayed in the movie Saving Private Ryan
- See the original German big guns at Longues-sur-Mer
- Private tour ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Le Havre
What To Expect
Continue onto to Omaha Beach to hear moving accounts of courageous US soldiers who landed on the beach to attempt to conquer Nazi forces. Hear shocking numbers of casualties and then head to the Normandy American Cemetery to quietly reflect beside more than 9,000 American graves. Stroll the vast graveyard and read poignant epitaphs on each headstone before enriching your knowledge further in the visitor center.
Travel to the beautifully preserved Longues-sur-Mer battery, a German stronghold that boasts unrivalled ocean vistas from its cliff top perch. See original weapons that stand upon the cliff and hear of the guns’ pivotal role in the D-Day attacks.
Reflect during the relaxing journey back to Le Havre and bid your guide farewell on arrival at the cruise ship port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to Le Havre port for this activity. In the rare event that your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Le Havre Shore Excursion: Private Day Tour with Omaha Beach & American Cemetery.
- "I would recommend Viator to anyone who wanted a comprehensive day tour of Normandy." See review