- A 3.5-hour guided tour of sites related to the Underground Railroad in the Niagara region
- Learn about the history of the Underground Railroad
- Follow guides dressed in period costumes to help bring the tour alive
- See Niagara Falls and learn about its connection to the Underground Railroad
- Small group tour allows for better access to the guides and a more intimate experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
This particular journey begins with convenient transport from your Niagara Falls area hotel. Prepare to go back in time to the 19th century, when the Underground Railroad shuttled slaves to freedom across the border.
The knowledgeable tour guides in period clothing emulate the “conductors” of the day — those people who transported the fugitives from station to station. Hear the stories and see the key sites in the area, like the suspension bridge over the Niagara River that led many slaves to a new life of freedom.
Finally, stop at breathtaking Niagara Falls to gain a better understanding of how the mighty falls, too, played a role in the Underground Railroad network.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be prepared to be picked up at the location point approximately 15 minutes prior to the tour’s departure time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- no minimunn required to sign-up for tour
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Motherland Connextions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Niagara Falls USA and Underground Railroad Heritage Tour.