- See NYC landmarks and classic movie sets on a guided tour
- Discover obscure filming locations missed by most tourists
- Learn more about your favorite films and New York City from your guide, a local actor
- Stop for photos at selected filming locations and test your knowledge with movie trivia quizzes
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Ellen's Stardust Diner in Midtown Address: 1650 Broadway New York, NY 10019 Directions: • Located on the corner of Broadway and 51st Street • Look for a guide holding a blue On Location Tours umbrella and the bus
What To Expect
Drive through Central Park to learn about the many scenes filmed among its verdant paths and gardens, and cross to the West Side to view the building where John Lennon once lived and that was featured in Rosemary’s Baby and Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters. See the subway grate immortalized by Marilyn Monroe in The Seven-Year Itch and Holly Golightly’s apartment from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Along the way, your guide will screen classic movie clips so you can compare footage with views of New York City today.
Throughout the 3-hour tour, you’ll see more than 60 film locations, including New York City landmarks like the Plaza Hotel, Rockefeller Center, the FAO Schwartz toy store, and the Empire State Building. Your tour ends at Grand Central Station, which has been featured in scores of films, such as Superman and Alfred Hitchcock’s North by Northwest.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Limited wheelchair accessibility. Buses are not equipped with wheelchair lifts. Storage is available for foldable wheelchairs. Passengers must be able to get on and off the bus of their own accord. Wheelchairs may be taken out at the stops if desired
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY On Location Tours, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I would highly recommend both Jason and this tour- a great summer day out" See review