- Experience the views from the Empire State Building in the heart of NYC
- Two key attractions for price of one: 86th-floor deck and 2nd-floor museum
- Absorb the panoramas and chart the tower's history via immersive exhibits
What To Expect
On arrival, head inside via the Observatory Entrance at 20 West 34th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues. Pause here to take in the stunning Lobby, which boasts restored art deco ceiling murals and one of the most famous images of the building above the front desk. Free high-speed Wi-Fi is available throughout the building to add to your experience.
At the entrance to the 2nd floor, pass through a security checkpoint, and explore the interactive exhibits that tell the story of the ESB's construction to its place in today's pop culture. Watch short film clips through telescopes, use the touch screens, and step into a simulation of an original elevator for a virtual ride to the building's 102nd floor. Then, head to the surround-sound theater to see film and TV clips that feature this iconic tower.
Next, ride the elevator to the redesigned 80th floor, where you'll find exhibitions on the ESB's lights and light shows; together with stunning augmented reality experiences delivered by classic binocular viewfinders.
The final elevator ride whisks you up to the 86th-floor Main Deck: home to the highest open-air observatory in New York, and located right in the heart of Manhattan. Enjoy the 360-degree views of New York and beyond—Central Park, the Hudson River, the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, and so much more.
Upgrade to the VIP Express Experience and skip the security, ticket, and elevator lines. This is the quickest way to the top of the Empire State Building, saving you valuable time for the rest of your New York experiences. The VIP pass is especially helpful during holidays and peak season. An audio tour is included, and all audio, signage and exhibits are available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- No refunds due to weather conditions, length of lines or wait times at the building
- Infant tickets for children 0-5 years are free and can be picked up at the ticket office upon arrival
- Skip-the-line privileges are only available with the VIP Express Experience Admission Ticket option
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Empire State Building
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas