Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Transport by air-conditioned coach from your French Quarter meeting spot
- Explore the mysterious French Quarter, the oldest area of New Orleans
- Pass the beautiful Garden District and Jackson Square
- Visit a historical above-ground cemetery
- Travel through three centuries of New Orleans culture and history with your knowledgeable guide
Departure & Return
The Gray Line 'Lighthouse' ticket office is located at Toulouse St and the Mississippi River (Steamboat Natchez Dock), just one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.
What To Expect
As you ride through the French Quarter, admire the sights, smells and sounds of the city’s cultural hub, where Spanish, French, Creole, and American styles commingle in an enchanting setting.
Visit a historic cemetery, where you'll hop off the coach and learn of the city's unique above-ground burial traditions from inside the gates.
See Jackson Square, an honorary landmark to New Orleans’ war hero Andrew Jackson. Pass by Louisiana’s Cabildo and Presbytere museums and the Pontalba Apartments, the oldest apartment buildings in the United States! Pass by the square’s historic open‐air artist colony as you make your way to one of New Orleans’ famous ‘Cities of the Dead’ to experience the bewitching and spectacular mausoleum system. Hear of piracy and voodoo on Bayou St John, a known pirate waterway and the reputed location of voodoo rituals by the infamous Marie Laveau. Then return to town along the world‐famous St Charles Streetcar route, passing through the extravagant Garden District. Snap photos of opulent mansions that served as former residences for the kings and queens of Mardi Gras, admire the beauty of Tulane and Loyola Universities, and see the acclaimed Audubon Zoo. You'll have time for a self-guided tour of the Besthoff Sculpture Garden, plus a stop at Cafe du Monde for their famous beignets or other refreshments (own expense.)
Your sightseeing adventure returns you to the pickup point in the French Quarter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing. Caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point, just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "If you go on this tour, you should request Jim as your tour guide." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews